WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT LAB TECHNICIAN
The Borough of Pleasant Hills is located in Allegheny County PA. The WWTP is a 5.0 MGD Activated Sludge Facility with three remote pump stations and two eq basins. We are responsible for treating wastewater from six different Municipalities.
Candidates must possess and maintain:
- Class A, E Subclass 1, 4, 5 or have the qualifications to upgrade to this certification.
- Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
Candidates must be able to perform the following job duties:
- Perform all duties of the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Perform all duties associated with the State Lab Accreditation
- Schedule and complete testing for Pretreatment Program.
- Conduct laboratory tests in various stages of the wastewater treatment process to ensure that all Federal, State and County regulations are met.
- Monitor and record test results performed by plant operators.
- Record test results of all samples and submit all reports to the proper agencies for review.
- Communicate all plant changes or adjustments to Management.
- Work weekends and holidays on a rotation basis-4hr shifts, avg. 12 weekends and 3 holidays per/yr.)
- Please see attached Job Description for a full list of qualifications and examples of work.
Base Pay Rate is $31.82 per/hr.
Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol testing is required.
The Borough of Pleasant Hills offers an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits package and a workplace with an emphasis on quality and teamwork.