WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
The Borough of Pleasant Hills is located in Allegheny County PA. The WWTP is a 5.0 MGD Activated Sludge Facility with two remote Pump Stations. We are responsible for treating wastewater from six different Municipalities.
Candidates must possess and maintain:
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
Candidates must either possess or be able to obtain the following certification within 4 years:
- Class A, E Subclass 1, 4
Candidates must be able to perform the following job duties:
- Perform routine plant operations and maintenance.
- Communicate with staff and management of plant performance.
- Complete daily reports and log plant data.
- Perform testing procedures necessary to monitor plant performance.
- Must be able to work well with others and work independently at times.
- Must be able to obtain Lab Accreditation to perform lab analysis (weekends)
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays (4hr shifts / average 12 weekends / yr)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must possess initiative, judgment, dependability and cooperation in performing work assignments.
- Ability to operate tools and equipment used in wastewater plant maintenance.
- Perform cleaning and hosing of tanks and plant equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Starting wage is $31.39 per/hr for certified applicants and $20.40 per/hr for uncertified applicants.
Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol testing is required.
The Borough of Pleasant Hills offers an attractive wage, comprehensive benefit package and a workplace with an emphasis on quality and teamwork.
Application deadline: August 31, 2021