You should change your smoke detector batteries twice yearly. Every time that you change your clock to or from Daylight Savings Time, you should change your smoke detector batteries too.
|Update on Municipal Projects|
THE FOLLOWING IS A SHORT UPDATE ON CURRENT AND COMPLETED MUNICIPAL PROJECTS
1. Briesinger Field construction has been completed; the playing surface is a synthetic grass material which requires special attention be paid to the playing surface. Special attention should be paid to the following rules:
NO FOOD OR BEVERAGES, GUM OR SUNFLOWER SEEDS
2. The 2016 road program has been completed, Arbor Lane and the Municipal lots have been repaved and stripped.
3. The Sunrise sewer project will begin in the next few weeks, the contractor is Plavchak Construction.
4. Possible design concepts for the renovation of the HVAC in the municipal building are being reviewed. No final decision has been made.
5. The design is complete for the 60-year old Tassel Lane sanitary sewer pump station and force main. Environmental permits are being secured and the advertisement for bids is anticipated to be early next year.
CURRENT NON-MUNICIPAL PROJECTS
1. PA American Water Company is completing the replacement of the water line and restoration on Betty Rae Drive.
2. PA American is replacing water lines on Grace, Faith, Sabbath, Tara and Maplevale Drives.
Deborah A. Englert, Borough Manager can be contacted at 412-655-5032 for additional details on the above projects.
No vehicle shall be parked upon any public street within the limits of the Borough for a period longer than 30 minutes between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Please contact the Borough first if you have a sewer back-up at your home.
Before you start a