THE FOLLOWING IS A SHORT UPDATE ON CURRENT AND COMPLETED MUNICIPAL PROJECTS
1. The boiler in the Municipal Building has been replaced with a new high efficiency boiler; this replaces the original 1960's boiler.
2. The new flag poles and lighting have been installed at the Breisinger Memorial. We would like to extend a "Thank You" to the Pleasant Hills Rotary Club for making the project a reality. Their generous donations enabled these upgrades. Look for future upgrades as weather permits.
3. The new wet weather equalization facility near the Toyota Dealership is ongoing and on schedule. The sanitary sewer replacement in the Sunrise area has also begun. This work will encompass Old Lebanon Church Road. Residents should be aware that as the Sunrise Sanitary Sewer Project progresses, the contractor will be closing Old Lebanon Church Road in two phases. The first phase will be Old Lebanon Church Road between Glenburn and Regis Avenue. The second phase of Old Lebanon Church Road will be between Glenburn and Orchard Drive. These closures will be daily from 7am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Residents residing in this area will have access to their homes and driveways at all times. No thru traffic will be permitted.
4. Design is complete for the 60 year old Tassel Lane sanitary sewer pump station and force main. The project is waiting for DEP permits to move forward.
5. The Arbor Lane storm sewer replacement is out for bid.
CURRENT NON-MUNICIPAL PROJECTS
1. Pennsylvania American Water is preforming system upgrades in the Tara Drive and Maplevale Drive areas, as well as Faith, Sabbath and Bliss Drives.
Deborah A. Englert, Borough Manager can be contacted at 412-655-5032 for additional details on the above projects.